Wicked Warriors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wicked Warriors

Need Something Let Us Know!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

CHATTING WITH OTHERS ON HEADSETS

Go down 
+7
Johnny Seafury
mama
Robert Redbeard
Jeffery
Pepe LePewe
essy bluedolphy
Wild Bill
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Wild Bill

Wild Bill

CHATTING WITH OTHERS ON HEADSETS Empty
PostSubject: CHATTING WITH OTHERS ON HEADSETS   CHATTING WITH OTHERS ON HEADSETS Icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2008 11:36 pm

Hey Wicked Warriors,
I talked to a guild last night about a program (Ventrilo) that they all use to talk to one another while playing POTCO. They use headsets and chat while playing. They also play a few other games together and use it. They love it! It costs $180 and up to 20 people can use it and talk together, kind of like conferance calling, but it's online. So if we all pitched in and bought it it wouldn't be that bad. Or if someone knows of a free program we could use. Or if one of us is a millionaire and would buy it for all of us to use, lol. Write a reply back on this subject and let me know if it's something you might be interested in.

Wild Bill

Last edited by Wild Bill on Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:10 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
essy bluedolphy

essy bluedolphy

PostSubject: Re: CHATTING WITH OTHERS ON HEADSETS   CHATTING WITH OTHERS ON HEADSETS Icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2008 11:47 pm

Well I would be willing to pitch in, but unfortunately not until end of July, budgeted pretty tight until i get my refund from school.

Never done that before though? Not sure what that is?
Back to top Go down
Pepe LePewe

Pepe LePewe

PostSubject: Re: CHATTING WITH OTHERS ON HEADSETS   CHATTING WITH OTHERS ON HEADSETS Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2008 1:00 am

I think it would be great for the regulars, but at the same time might stifle the newer members and our continued growth. Choose wisely! drunken
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/329055221
essy bluedolphy

essy bluedolphy

PostSubject: Re: CHATTING WITH OTHERS ON HEADSETS   CHATTING WITH OTHERS ON HEADSETS Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2008 1:42 am

Believe it or not stinky has a good point! OMG I think I just had a mini heart attack! But good point stinky!

lol!
Back to top Go down
Jeffery

Jeffery

PostSubject: Re: CHATTING WITH OTHERS ON HEADSETS   CHATTING WITH OTHERS ON HEADSETS Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2008 3:22 am

How many members do we have? 20 seems way to low, given our numbers, to be advantageous to the guild as a whole, but might be good for those who team up regularly.
If were only 20 of us in the guild I'd be up for trying it, but not fair to the rest, to make it a part of the guild, for both those who would be left out due to either number limits or simple lack of ability to contribute. Just my two sense. Suspect
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/bohn_je
Robert Redbeard

Robert Redbeard

PostSubject: Skype   CHATTING WITH OTHERS ON HEADSETS Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2008 8:29 am

I think if you get 20 or 30 people on a single call you'll have too many people trying to say things at the same time and it could possibly get quite chaotic, you'd have background noise from 1 person that would kill the experience for for everyone else. that being said, if you're looking for free you might consider Skype. They offer limited conference calling. Limited to about 10 people enough to conference your current crew or several people you're good friends with.

Some links:

http://www.skype.com/allfeatures/conferencecall/

http://www.skype.com/help/guides/makeconferencecall_windows/
Back to top Go down
Robert Redbeard

Robert Redbeard

PostSubject: Re: CHATTING WITH OTHERS ON HEADSETS   CHATTING WITH OTHERS ON HEADSETS Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2008 8:45 am

Upon a quick review

You also have limited conference calling from Yahoo:
Click Here

I didn't see the ability to do a conference call on MSN Messenger, Windows Live Messenger or AOL Instant Messenger, all have the ability to do a computer to computer call but no direct references (that I saw) to the ability to conference call. I would assume if Yahoo is doing it, the others will follow suit. After all gotta keep up with the Jones'.

RR
Back to top Go down
Wild Bill

Wild Bill

PostSubject: Re: CHATTING WITH OTHERS ON HEADSETS   CHATTING WITH OTHERS ON HEADSETS Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2008 11:19 am

I know nothing about this program so I was just putting the subject out there. I don't know if you have to register just 20 people or if any 20 people can come on. I know on the average we have about 20 people online playing POTCO. It would be cool if any 20 people can go on it so everyone could get a chance to see how they like it. If it was like that it could just be first come first served. I play PS3 with a headset and most of the time I don't even put my headset on. You do get background noise like children playing next to you or someone eating or others in the room talking. I think before I would want to spend money on the program I would like to try a free one.
Back to top Go down
mama

mama

PostSubject: Re: CHATTING WITH OTHERS ON HEADSETS   CHATTING WITH OTHERS ON HEADSETS Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2008 11:45 am

That is an awesome idea! I would be interested in participating in that!

Mama
www.myspace.com/punky269
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/punky269
mama

mama

PostSubject: Re: CHATTING WITH OTHERS ON HEADSETS   CHATTING WITH OTHERS ON HEADSETS Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2008 12:20 pm

What is the name of the program? I would like to look into it-if not for pirates, perhaps another online game that I like to play.

Mama
www.myspace.com/punky269
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/punky269
Johnny Seafury

PostSubject: Re: CHATTING WITH OTHERS ON HEADSETS   CHATTING WITH OTHERS ON HEADSETS Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2008 1:32 pm

I have one on my computer called ventrilo, developed specifically for online gaming, but it is intended to be used with a party or crew, not a whole guild... Having said that, I would also be interested in participating in anything that facilitates good communication! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Myst Da Rumboat

Myst Da Rumboat

PostSubject: Re: CHATTING WITH OTHERS ON HEADSETS   CHATTING WITH OTHERS ON HEADSETS Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2008 1:47 pm

For games that I have played in the past, we used Ventrilo.
The software is free and I believe you can have as many people on
as you want.

Ventrilo.com

At that website you can download the client software, it then directs you to
locations where you can "Rent" a server.

One of the many that I checked out would host 200 for $53 a month!
So that seems kind of spendy. But it can go as low as $4 a month for 10 people.

When I have used it in the past, people that contributed also could have a private chat room.

So there was a general one for all, and locked rooms for quieter conversations.
For example, there would be a Boss Battle Room only used for the Boss Battle communications.

The thing I didn't like about Vent is that it virtually destroyed the guild that I was in.
If you didn't go on Vent, you didn't know what was going on. Eventually, everyone left the guild except for the 5 people that were always chatting. Vent also inhibits your chat.
You may not come up with the witty things that you type or worse you may say something you'll regret.

All in all, I do like being able to chat in Vent, but I would not be the chatty one as I have children in the house. Wink
Back to top Go down
Emily Redsmythe

Emily Redsmythe

PostSubject: Vent can be pretty fun.   CHATTING WITH OTHERS ON HEADSETS Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2008 2:26 pm

I didn't know that they charge for Ventrilo. My husband, his dad, his brother, and two other friends like to all chat together on the same Vent server while they play WOW. At first, I didn't get the concept and was afraid to talk because I didn't want my in-laws to hear me! But The Hubby told me that they can only hear you if you push a certain key (I think it's "f") and the reason is so that you don't have background noise issues other than while someone is talking who might be somewhere loud. My husband and the guys he plays with are all in the same "family" guild, and then they also all belong to a guild that's probably the size of Wicked Warriors, and they still type into the chat although they are talking through the Vent server to each other.

I think it's a fun idea, but not to replace the regular in-game chat that we all currently use. And I'd definitely see if there's a trial first. I asked Feelgood and he said that no one in his family pays for them to use it, so maybe there is a way to set it up so that no one has to pay?

Could definitely be a good resource for boss battles. I know someone like me (who's a total wimp about her BB) would like immediate input during the battle from veteran players. Not having to type into the chat for pointers would make that far less intimidating for me.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/xparody_of_an_angelx
rigfoote

rigfoote

PostSubject: Re: CHATTING WITH OTHERS ON HEADSETS   CHATTING WITH OTHERS ON HEADSETS Icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2008 1:29 am

well i can pitch in a few bucks, 20-30 regular people online , split into maybe 3 channels wouldnt be overwhelming conversations i beleive. such as a multiple crew channels. but i like the idea and when we are able to pvp ship battles, it will come in handy alot pirat .
Back to top Go down
Pepe LePewe

Pepe LePewe

PostSubject: Re: CHATTING WITH OTHERS ON HEADSETS   CHATTING WITH OTHERS ON HEADSETS Icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2008 5:12 pm

Sounds as if we should have someone familiar with its use volunteer to head up a small testing committee, that could try it out, and get back to the group with the pros and cons. And in the end, will we all prove to speak as poorly as we type? I know I do! rabbit
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/329055221
Lostsouls85

Lostsouls85

PostSubject: Re: CHATTING WITH OTHERS ON HEADSETS   CHATTING WITH OTHERS ON HEADSETS Icon_minitimeThu Jul 03, 2008 12:53 am

I have found one cheaper that you might want to take a look at. HurricaneHost.com

Its for game hosting for voice host serving. 15 bucks for 50 players now i think that is a hell of a deal. Hope this helps and saves ya money
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CHATTING WITH OTHERS ON HEADSETS   CHATTING WITH OTHERS ON HEADSETS Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

CHATTING WITH OTHERS ON HEADSETS
Page 1 of 1